November 26, 2008

Enduring Love, by Ian McEwan


I just got into bed, thinking I'd crack open my new library book and read for a bit, when it suddenly occurred to me that I hadn't blogged about the last book I read. I think I finished it a week ago. How could I forget? I couldn't rest or read tonight until I blogged this book. 

Ian McEwan is excellent as usual. This is the first book of his I've read that actually creeped me out, but maybe that's because I stayed up til 3 am finishing it. Despite the high creepy factor, I was actually less saddened/disturbed by the end than any of his other novels. 

There's a movie based on this book, which I'd be interested in seeing, especially since I just read that Sexiness Himself, Daniel Craig, is in it. Rowr. 

Is it strange that I don't write about the plot? I never said I was properly reviewing these books. Just letting you know whether or not I liked them. Anyway, this book was about how a tragedy randomly witnessed brought together two strangers. One stalked the other obsessively and tore his relationship apart. That's about it.

Must...read...more...Ian McEwan...

But then I'd have read them all and wouldn't have any more to look forward to. That would be a shame. 

EDIT: I was re-reading this and realized I left out a Very Important Part. If you do read this, make sure you do not omit the appendices. I skimmed the first one because it seemed dry, and then I realized it was sort of the actual ending. 


No comments: