January 6, 2012

11/22/63, by Stephen King



I read a lot of Stephen King in high school-oh, how much less freaked out of things I must have been then!- but not a word since, until I started reading a blog called The Hairpin. The Hairpin has a Stephen King fan on staff, and I was interested to read about a couple of King's recent works. This, his newest book, sounded really good so I requested it from the library. You guys. SO GOOD.

The titular date refers to JFK's assassination. The plot is that Jake Epping, an average high school teacher, finds a portal to 1958, and decides that he can change the world by saving Kennedy from being killed. That's all you need to know. It wasn't a horror like I expect from Stephen King, and although there were whiffs of the supernatural (whiffs beside the main plot of time travel, of course), I was only a little freaked out. This book was super interesting and unpredictable and I couldn't put it down.

No comments: