January 17, 2012

It Chooses You, by Miranda July


I love Miranda July, so I'm biased here. This book is almost a companion piece to her recent film "The Future". While she was stuck writing the end of the movie, she distracted herself by interviewing people who advertised things for sale in the Penny Saver. That project became this book, and through it she not only figured out what to do with her film, she found someone who became a large part of it.

This book is charming and gives some insight on her thinking behind "The Future", a film I found fascinating. It also gives some insight on the recently married July's heart. I find her way of thinking comforting.

1 comment:

brie said...

Damn. This reminds me...I meant to add this to my most recent Amazon order. A treat for another time, I guess.