September 4, 2008

Cooking for Mr. Latte, by Amanda Hesser


Wow, another memoir/cookbook? Lay some literature on me already. Although it may seem like I should be suffering food writing overload, I loved this book. Amanda Hesser, until recently a food writer for the New York Times, is an excellent writer. This is basically a love story with some wicked recipes, half of which I photocopied and one of which I've already made, which for me is rare. (I seem to collect recipes more than make them.) 

Making my own tarragon mayonnaise to put on cold roasted chicken and potatoes is top on my to-do list, and I've already bought walnut oil to try. She's totally influenced me already .

Okay, so that book worked out and if you want to read a really warm story about love and family and friendship and good food you should read it, but maybe I need to take a break from this genre. Unfortunately, I started my most recent library book today and it turns out that, yes, it's one of those books. 

1 comment:

brie said...

I also have a large collection of photocopied recipes that I've never actually made. SIGH!